Describe a person who inspired you a lot.
You should say:- (Describe a person who inspired you a lot)
- Who the person is ?
- For what he/she inspired?
- Why he/she inspired?
- What did you do afterwards?
- How did you feel about it?
Sample Answer 1
Once upon a time, I met a person who would change my life forever. His name is Ravi Singh who is a founder and CEO of Khalsa aid international, Humanitarian charity, and he is a role model to me. He is so kind, intelligent and accomplished. He had a great passion for his work and always seemed to have a positive attitude towards life. He always had a kind word to say and his smile was contagious.
I was going through a difficult time in my life and Mr. Ravi Singh took the time to listen to me and give me advice. He showed me that it is possible to overcome obstacles and that with hard work and determination, anything is possible. He taught me the importance of setting goals and working towards them, and also to never give up on my dreams.
Mr. Ravi Singh also inspired me the importance of giving back to the community and volunteering. He was always involved in different projects and I was inspired by his dedication and commitment to making a positive impact on the world.
I started to adopt his positive attitude and his drive to succeed, and it helped me to overcome many challenges. I started to feel more confident and optimistic about my future. I also got involved in volunteer work and community service, which gave me a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
I will always be grateful for the time I spent with Mr. Ravi Singh, he was more than a mentor, he was a friend and an inspiration to me. He taught me that with hard work and a positive attitude, anything is possible, and I will always remember his words of wisdom and encouragement.
Sample answer 2
Describe a person who inspired you a lot- Well, inspiration is something that most individuals require, especially if it is provided by the right person at the appropriate moment. They may do miracles, and I would want to relate my own experience when I was inspired by one of my friends. The reality is that my buddy Karen is a tremendous inspiration for me, and he recently motivated me to take swimming courses for a variety of reasons. I’m afraid of water bodies like beaches, rivers, and lakes, yet my buddy Karen is a travel enthusiast who enjoys visiting locations near water.
Every time he shows me pictures of himself sailing in a boat, rafting down a river, or enjoying beach activities like scuba diving or water sports, he tries to convince me to go with him. However, because of my fear of water, I am unable to do any of these things. For this reason, he motivated and encouraged me to enroll in swimming lessons at the local sports centre.
He claimed that if I could learn to swim, I would never experience the phobia again because I could save my life if I were ever in danger. Additionally, swimming is a life-saving skill, so learning it will enable me to not only save my own life but also save the lives of others. Harman also encouraged me to join swimming classes because it is one of the best activities to stay fit and healthy. Swimming involves the movement of each and every muscle.
What’s fascinating is that he claimed it’s the ideal thing to do, especially in the summer. As we all know, sweating makes it difficult to perform anything during the hot summer days, and swimming is one activity that may provide us with much-needed relief from the scorching heat. I was extremely motivated by his speeches, and he definitely encouraged me to join the city’s Sports Center, and now I have learnt to swim to a great extent, and I no longer have Hydrophobia, all thanks to my buddy who inspired me, and with that said, I hope to see you again soon.
Follow ups Short QA:-
- How did you meet this person who inspired you?
- I met this person through a mentorship program at my school.
- What challenges were you facing when you first met this person?
- I was facing personal and academic challenges when I first met this person. I felt lost and unsure of my direction in life.
- How did this person help you overcome these challenges?
- This person took the time to listen to me and gave me advice. He taught me the importance of setting goals and working towards them and to never give up on my dreams.
- Can you give a specific example of something this person said or did that inspired you?
- One specific example was when this person told me “You are capable of achieving great things, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise”
- How has this person’s influence changed your life?
- This person’s influence has changed my life in many ways. He taught me the importance of having a positive attitude and to never give up. His influence has helped me to become more confident and optimistic about my future.
- Do you keep in touch with this person?
- Yes, we still keep in touch and he still continues to be a source of inspiration and guidance for me.
- How do you plan to pay it forward and inspire others in the same way this person inspired you?
- I plan to pay it forward by becoming a mentor and guide to others, just as this person was to me. I want to use the lessons and wisdom he taught me to help others overcome their own challenges and achieve their goals.
Vocabulary:(Describe a person who inspired you a lot.)
- Mentor: A person who guides and advises someone, especially a younger person.
- Role model: A person whose behavior, example, or success is or can be emulated by others, especially by younger people.
- Passion: A strong feeling of enthusiasm or excitement for something or about doing something.
- Positive attitude: A mindset characterized by optimism and a belief that good things will happen.
- Determination: The quality of being resolved to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose.
- Obstacle: Something that blocks one’s way or hinders progress.
- Drive: A strong desire to achieve something.
- Community service: voluntary work intended to help people in a particular area.
- Fulfillment: the achievement of something desired, promised, or predicted.
Idioms:(Describe a person who inspired you a lot.)
- “A guiding light“: someone who provides direction and inspiration.
- “A breath of fresh air”: someone who brings new ideas or a new perspective
- “A ray of sunshine”: someone who brings positivity and cheer to those around them.
- “A rock“: someone who is dependable and supportive.
- “A coach”: someone who guides and instructs in order to improve performance.
- “A shining star“: someone who stands out and excels in their field.
- “A backbone“: someone who provides support and strength.
- “A beacon of hope“: someone who gives hope and encouragement in difficult times.
Subscribe our Youtube Channel