Describe a mobile phone application you use to learn a new skill.
You should say :–
- What is it?
- When did you use it for the first time?
- How did it help you?
- How do you feel about it?
Once, I decided to learn a new skill and I turned to a mobile phone application to help me. The app was specifically designed to teach the skill I was interested in learning, and it had a variety of tutorials, exercises, and quizzes to help me “dive in” and start learning right away.
At first, I was a bit “overwhelmed” by the amount of information and the different exercises the app offered. But the app had a “user-friendly” interface that made it easy for me to navigate and find what I needed. I also liked that the app had a progress tracker, so I could “keep an eye” on how far I had come and what I still needed to work on.
I started with the basics and “worked my way up” through the different levels. The app had a variety of “bite-sized” lessons, which made it easy for me to “digest” the information and not get “overloaded.” I also liked that the app had a “gamified” approach, which made learning fun and engaging.
As I was “grinding” through the lessons, I started to see real progress. I was “picking up” new skills and techniques, and I felt like I was “on the right track” to mastering the skill. I also liked that the app had a community feature, where I could connect with other learners and “bounce ideas” off each other.
Finally, I was “over the moon” when I completed the final lesson and received my certificate. I felt like I had “leveled up” and gained a new valuable skill. I would recommend this app to anyone who wants to “dip their toes” into learning a new skill, as it was an “easy way” to get started and make progress.
Idioms used ➖
- Dive in: to begin something with enthusiasm
- Overwhelmed: feeling overwhelmed by an excessive amount of work or information
- User-friendly: easy to use or navigate
- Keep an eye: to monitor or pay attention to something
- Worked my way up: to progress by starting with basic and moving to advanced
- Bite-sized: small and easy to handle
- Digest: To understand or absorb information
- Overloaded: to have too much to handle
- Gamified: make learning fun by using game-like elements
- Grinding: to work hard on something
- Picking up: to acquire a new skill
- On the right track: moving in the right direction
- Bounce ideas: share and discuss ideas with each other
- Over the moon: extremely happy
- Leveled up: to have gained a new skill or knowledge
- Dip their toes: to try something new without committing too much.
- Easy way: simple or convenient method
- How have mobile phone applications impacted your life in the past?
In the past, mobile phone applications have greatly impacted my life by providing me with a wide range of tools and resources that have helped me in various aspects of my life. For example, I have used mobile phone applications for navigation, communication, entertainment, and even for learning new skills. They have made many tasks more convenient and efficient for me.
- How do mobile phone applications currently impact your life?
Currently, mobile phone applications continue to play a significant role in my life. They are constantly updated with new features, and I continue to use them for various tasks like staying connected with friends and family, managing my finances, tracking my fitness, and even for work. They make my daily routine more organized and productive.
- How do you see mobile phone applications impacting your life in the future?
I believe that mobile phone applications will continue to evolve and become even more integrated into our daily lives in the future. They will likely become even more personalized and tailored to our individual needs, making tasks even more convenient and efficient. I also see the potential for mobile phone applications to play a larger role in fields such as healthcare and education. Overall, I see the future of mobile phone applications as increasingly more essential and impactful in our daily lives.
More follow ups:-
- What was the main challenge you faced while using the mobile phone application to learn a new skill?
The main challenge I faced while using the mobile phone application to learn a new skill was feeling overwhelmed by the amount of information and exercises offered at the beginning. But the app had a user-friendly interface that made it easy for me to navigate and find what I needed.
- How did the mobile phone application help you learn the new skill?
The mobile phone application helped me learn the new skill by providing tutorials, exercises, and quizzes that were designed to teach the specific skill I was interested in. It also had a progress tracker that allowed me to keep an eye on my progress, and bite-sized lessons that made it easy for me to digest the information.
- How did you find the app’s approach to teaching the new skill?
I found the app’s approach to teaching the new skill to be effective because it had a gamified approach that made learning fun and engaging, and it also had a community feature where I could connect with other learners and bounce ideas off each other.
- How did you feel after completing the lessons on the mobile phone application?
I felt over the moon after completing the lessons on the mobile phone application. I felt like I had leveled up and gained a new valuable skill. I also appreciated that the app provided an easy way to get started and make progress in learning a new skill.
Subscribe our Youtube Channel
5 tips to write perfect SOP ‘Statement of Purpose’
8 Common Mistakes in IELTS Writing – Careful
2 thoughts on “Describe a mobile phone application you use to learn a new skill. – Top 10 recently asked IELTS Speaking Cue Cards 2023”