LANGUAGE TO MAKE CONTRASTING POINTS
Learn how to make contrasting points between two points in a sentence.
· However,…: We live in a technological age. However, technology cannot solve all the world’s problems.
· While/whereas: Males spend 30 minutes a day doing the cooking while/
whereas females spend 65 minutes a day on this activity.
· Nonetheless/Nevertheless: While they don’t trust each other, nonetheless/nevertheless they have worked together for many years.
· Though/although: Although/though Tom has a lot of money, he lives in a small, old house.
· In contrast/By contrast: In contrast/by contrast, the percentage of people who walked to/from work decreased.
· Despite the fact that… Despite the fact that he studied hard, he couldn’t pass the test.
Subscribe our Youtube Channel